The Lenovo® Iomega® ix2 Network Storage, 2-bay is a compact and affordable desktop network storage that is perfect for small businesses, home offices or advanced home networks, offering content sharing, data protection and basic video surveillance capabilities.
- Up to 25 users
- Marvell 6282 CPU at 1.6GHz with 256MB RAM
- Drive Capacities and Type: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB* (*Diskless unit with 2x4TB qualified HDDs installed)
- Configurations: Diskless (0 HDD), Partially Populated (1 x HDD) or Fully Populated (2 x HDDs)
- Gigabit Ethernet Connectity
- Ease of Use:
- Easy three step setup - Simply plug into your router, power on, and download the integrated LenovoEMC Storage Manager software.
- User friendly web-based management interface. Web Interface accessible in 17 supported languages
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with today's most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
- Simple Content Sharing:
- Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
- Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive LenovoEMC Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments.
- File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
- LenovoEMC Link iOS & Android application: LenovoEMC Link gives you a direct link to your ix2 via your iOS or Android device. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and copy content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (download app from iTunes or Android Market)
- Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature - easily select and share your digital pictures on the web.
- Powerful Backup & Restore Functionality:
- Time Machine® Support: allows Apple® users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.6 or later) using Time Machine.
- LenovoEMC Personal Cloud Backup: Synchronize data between Personal Cloud member systems and the ix2.
- PC backup with True Image Lite 2013 by Acronis - Powerful backup software from Acronis protects content, recovers data in case of any disasters (1 license included).
- Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or Mozy to replicate data from your ix2 to your public cloud account.
- Data Replication / Device to Device Copy Jobs Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share including LenovoEMC Personal Cloud locations using the rsync or CIFS protocol. Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- Configuration Backup and Restore: allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification, and Share names and permissions.
- Advanced Disk & Power Management
- Power Savings: Automatic hard drive spin-down assure the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- System Status: Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor: Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the ix2.
- Reporting: Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the ix2.
- Video Surveillance: Protecting your home or business has never been easier than with LenovoEMC storage's built-in Video Surveillance Management software.
- Mindtree® SecureMind VSMS Software
- One free camera license included, supports up to 4 cameras. (Additional licenses available for purchase)
- Built in support for hundreds of popular IP cameras
- Record, store and manage surveillance video
- Support for high-definition and configurable resolution and frame rate settings, e-mail alerts, and secure access
- Axis Video Hosting Solution (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management.
- Built in Audio Video Media Server : provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox® 360, Sony PlayStation® 3), audio bridges, iTunes players, picture frames and more.
- Create shared iTunes libraries to provide a central location for your music.
- Social Media Sharing made easy: Convenient folders that automatically integrate with your social media accounts. Multiple accounts are no problem - just create another folder for each account.
- Facebook®: Files dropped into your Facebook folder are automatically uploaded to your Facebook page.
- Flickr®: Files dropped into your Flickr folder are automatically added to the designated Flickr photo album.
- YouTube®: Videos dropped into your YouTube folder are automatically uploaded to your YouTube channel.
- Torrent Download Manager: the ix2 manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
- Digial Photography Tools:
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP): No touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port.
- Photo resize: Automatically resize photos to a specified resolution.
- Watermark: Automatically add a watermark of your choosing to photos as they are re-sized.
- Advanced Business Features:
- Active Directory Support: Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the ix2 to utilize the domain users and groups.
- iSCSI target: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
- Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3/ext4, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Application Manager: Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Data organization and access: Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMC system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on an ix2 from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Native security support with robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
- Desktop, compact form factor
- Marvell 6282 CPU at 1.6GHz with 256MB RAM
- 2 x 3.5" Hot-Swap SATA-II Hard Disk Drives
- RAID 1, 0, JBOD
- 1 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps (GbE) Ethernet ports
- LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- 1 x USB 2.0 ports (to connect external HDD, UPS, Bluetooth dongle)
- AC Voltage 100-240 VAC
- Power Consumption
NOTE: These values represent a fully loaded device with the highest capacity HDD. Values may vary with other configurations.
- Max: 25W
- Min: 6W (drives spun down)
- Peak: 40W for 2s
- Acoustic noise - 25.6 dBA maximum
- Network File Protocols Supported: CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
- Warranty: Three year limited warranty
- User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, Dutch, and Polish.
- Windows® Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- VMware vSphere ESX 5.1 iSCSI and NAS
- XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS
View the qualified hard drive list.
- Lenovo® Iomega® ix2 Network Storage 2-Bay
- Ethernet cable
- Power supply
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- Software Download (with): LenovoEMC Storage Manager software, User Help Documentation
- Service & Support: Three year standard service. Extended Service Plan is available.
(Note: All disks within a single RAID/storage pool should be the same capacity, speed and manufacturer. Mixing different types of drives may result in unpredictable behavior.)